In keeping with the strawberry theme this week, I made Sean some strawberry muffins! He has been requesting them for weeks now, but I had never made (or eaten for that matter) strawberry muffins.
Well, turns out they were quite easy! As usual, I made them Giant muffins!
I found this recipe from Taste of Home, and what's handy about it is they list the nutrition information at the bottom, so you don't have to try and calculate how many calories you are eating. The bad news...since I made them giant, they are 426 Cals a piece, twice what I usually eat for breakfast :( I guess I will be leaving most of these for Sean to enjoy.
|Moist Yummy Strawberry Pieces|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt (1 1/2 containers of yo-plait)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 giant muffins, or 12 regular size.
|A couple bites in!|