Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Banana Bread Muffins with Peanut Butter Chips


I got this recipe from one of my new favorite blogs, How Sweet It Is. These muffins are perfectly dense and so yummy! The peanut butter chips give them a nice flavor without being overwhelming.



I cut them in half, toast them for a few minutes and put some butter on them.....such an amazing breakfast!

Now, I made these regular size...even though I love my muffins in Giant form! I only did this because I am trying to watch my diet, and I don't need to be eating twice the muffin for breakfast....although I would love to!



Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I use Reese's brand)

Directions (Soooo Easy!)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins
  2. Mix sugar, applesauce, and egg until creamy and light yellow. 
  3. Add bananas and vanilla. 
  4. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. 
  5. Stir until completely smooth. 
  6. Fold in peanut butter chips. 
  7. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean. I am starting to think my oven bakes hot, because these only took 22 minutes for me, and all my recipes are coming out on the low end of the baking times lately....maybe I should get an oven thermometer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...