My Go-To Chocolate Cupcakes are posted here. They are delicious with any kind of frosting!
Orange Vanilla Bean Buttercream (from the Cupcake Project)
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon red gel food coloring (add more or less to color)
1/2 teaspoon yellow gel food coloring (add more or less to color)
- Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy.
- Add vanilla bean paste, milk, and food coloring and continue to beat for another minute.
- Pipe on cooled cupcakes, I used tip #1A
- Draw designs on paper and place beneath a sheet of wax paper as an outline.
- Melt 4 oz of milk chocolate and 4 oz of white chocolate (separately) over double-boiler.
- Fill piping bag fitted with a small circle tip
- Trace outlines with the chocolate
- Place in Freezer to set.
- Add to cupcakes as garnish
They ended up really cute! I did have quite a few mess-ups before I got some usable decorations, but in the end they turned out really good!
|The Finished Product|