Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spooky Halloween Cupcakes

I made these Halloween Cupcakes for my Aunt to share with her co-workers. I used my go-to chocolate cupcake as a base, then topped it with a vanilla buttercream frosting colored orange that I got from the Cupcake Project. Then I topped them with assorted piped chocolate decorations.



My Go-To Chocolate Cupcakes are posted here. They are delicious with any kind of frosting!

Orange Vanilla Bean Buttercream (from the Cupcake Project)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon red gel food coloring (add more or less to color)
1/2 teaspoon yellow gel food coloring (add more or less to color)

Directions
  1. Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy. 
  2. Add vanilla bean paste, milk, and food coloring and continue to beat for another minute. 
  3. Pipe on cooled cupcakes, I used tip #1A
Pre-Decoration



Chocolate Decorations
  1. Draw designs on paper and place beneath a sheet of wax paper as an outline. 
  2. Melt 4 oz of milk chocolate and 4 oz of white chocolate (separately) over double-boiler. 
  3. Fill piping bag fitted with a small circle tip 
  4. Trace outlines with the chocolate
  5. Place in Freezer to set.
  6. Add to cupcakes as garnish

They ended up really cute! I did have quite a few mess-ups before I got some usable decorations, but in the end they turned out really good!

The Finished Product




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These sound amazing, and they look super adorable! I'm definitely gonna give these a try next weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...