Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Funfetti Cupcakes

I have always loved funfetti cake mixes, especially when its the holiday versions! But I just had to doctor it up a bit this year.



I got this recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor forums, the cake turned out very light and fluffy! I got 28 out of this recipe.

Erin's Not so Plain Vanilla Cake
1 box Halloween funfetti cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together, then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-19 minutes.

I got these really cute decorations at Micheal's:



Ice with Funfetti Icing. Add about 3/4 cup of powdered sugar and whip up in the mixer. I piped on with tip 2D. Then add the sprinkles.

NOTE: You need 2 containers of Funfetti icing per batch of cupcakes. I didn't realize this until I iced about 3/4 of the cupcakes. A quick run to Dierbergs, just to find out the don't have the Halloween Funfetti! I got a regular Funfetti and colored it orange, a big hassle, but I was able to match the color almost perfectly!

This was extremely simple, but delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...