Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reese's Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcake with a Mini Reese's Baked Inside, Frosted with a Peanut Butter Buttercream and topped with Reese's Bits




My favorite candy? Reese's cups, hand's down! I have been dying to make a cupcake around those little cups of goodness!

And now I have the perfect opportunity: my boyfriend's Grandpa is having a birthday dinner this weekend, and when I was naming off flavors, he said he liked peanut butter. Well, what goes with peanut butter better than chocolate?


The Cake:

I used my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe as a base (posted here).

Before baking, press 1 Frozen Reese's cup into each cupcake. It is very important that the Reese's Cups are VERY Frozen so that they hold their shape while baking. I kept mine in the freezer for a few days.


The Frosting: 

Wilton's Peanut Butter Buttercream, with a very slight modification
  • 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 4-6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  1. Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. 
  2. Add peanut butter and vanilla. 
  3. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.  
  4. Add cream, one tablespoon at a time, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Pipe frosting onto cupcakes (I used tip 8B) and top with chopped up mini Reese's bits. (I pulsed mine a few times in my mini-food processor, came out with nice bits to sprinkle on)

My Aunt gave me these CUTE cupcake plates!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...