I made these for my cousin's graduation party...needed 6 dozen cupcakes! But I whipped them out like a champ! I mean besides the miscalculation that ended up with me having twice as many cupcakes as I needed! Oh, well, more for me!
|That is a chocolate graduation cap and scroll, in case you can't tell|
Everyone LOVED them!
|I kind of LOVE this angle!|
The cupcake recipe is from Paula Deen
Makes about 16 cupcakes
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup malted milk powder
- 1 ¾ cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, malted milk powder, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs until just combined.
- Slowly mix in milk until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
|Just out of the oven!|
from Fine Cooking
- 3 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 5 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chill the bowl and whisk attachment of a stand mixer for 20 min. in the refrigerator or 5 min. in the freezer.
- Pour the heavy cream into the bowl and whisk on medium-high speed until it just starts to thicken.
- Slow the speed down to medium and gradually pour in the sugar.
- Continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue to whisk by hand until the cream is smooth, and stiff peaks form.
This recipe was super easy! You could add a few more Tablespoons of sugar if you wanted. It wasn't too sweet as it is.
|Ready to go to the party!|