Well, along with the Vanilla Swirl Cupcakes, Nicci asked me to make some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes for her graduation party.
They turned out pretty amazing, and I got lots of compliments on them. I am not too big of a fan of cream cheese icing, but this one was pretty exceptional.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream (full-fat)
- Vanilla Cake Mix (I used Moist Supreme)
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- Stir in lightly crushed cereal.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder (put cereal in food processor and measure out 2/3 cup of the fine powder)
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares.